The headline read … Surrendered 18 yr old dog clings to kind woman at shelter … and that was all it took.
How about starting a movement? We can call it “The loneliest one”. We can spread the word about when at the shelter, you should ask for the dog that´s been there the longest (instead of picking the cutest one).
All the old and forgotten would get picked first! Aaaahhh lovely dream …
And of course I was immediately hooked.
We were hooked. We had our Purpose. We had our Why.
So here it is … #theloneliestone.
Our mission … to save the loneliest dog in the shelter.
And you can help…
- If you are interested in rescuing a shelter dog … please ask for the one that’s been there the longest.
- If you know of someone else who is interested in rescuing a shelter dog … please encourage them to ask for the one that’s been there the longest.
- If you have not considered rescuing a shelter dog … please consider sharing your love and saving the one that’s been there the longest.
- When you share those sad or inspiring dog posts, memes or videos … please use the hashtag #theloneliestone.
- Please share this post with all your friends via FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, or other social media or Email using the hashtag #theloneliestone and ask them to do so too.
Together we can make a difference.
Together we can save a soul … and in so doing bring a bit more love, kindness, compassion and humanity to our world.
Please contact me at DahlborgHLG@gmail.com with any questions or if you would like to join Mia and me on this journey.
And be sure to follow us on Facebook.
NOTE: Saving any animal is a gift of love. And, of course, there may be some animals not well suited for a family with young children or for other reasons. Please select an animal best suited for you and your family … and if possible and appropriate for your situation … ask for the animal that has been at the shelter the longest.